- Packed Brown Sugar 1/2 Cup
- Butter OR Margarine, Melted 1/2 Cup
- Light Corn Syrup 1/4 Cup
- Chopped Walnuts OR Pecans 1/2 Cup
- Sliced Bananas 3
- Loaf of Cinnamon Bread Unfrosted 1
- Large Eggs 6
- Milk 1 1/2 Cup
- Vanilla 1 Tsp
- Cinnamon 1 Tsp
It baked for a total of 45 minutes with 12 coals in a ring around the base of the oven and 24-26 briquettes spaced evenly on the lid. Pack a spatula and a big spoon in your chuck box, after you dish it up you won’t want to waste a drop of the sugary nuts and topping.
- Lightly oil or spray 12 inch dutch oven, line with parchment paper if desired.
- In large bowl, stir brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and walnuts until smooth.
- Gently stir in bananas.
- Spoon mixture evenly into prepared dutch oven.
- Reserve ends of bread for another use because they don’t soak up the egg mixture very well.
- Arrange 2 layers of bread over banana mixture, tearing bread slices to fit if necessary.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla with wire whisk until well blended.
- Pour egg mixture over bread.
- Allow to sit in a cool place in dutch oven for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve portions upside down, spooning sauce from bottom of dish over each serving.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.